Pride should be (sporadically) experienced, savoured, shown-off.
Pride is a good (in healthy amounts) it is proof of self-respect.
Pride is the main content of this post.
Yep! feeling very pleased with my second bird study.
A few new boxes have been ticked:
- Better rendering of the lay of their feathers
- understanding the tilt of the head
- learning the insectivore subtleties of their diet
- cornering their temperament
- (and the best box of all) hesitation dissipated: each stroke knew where to go
Bird study #2 "Early Bird"
Pencil on Paper
P.S: Postponing my artistic discovery of the bird world for a while, new (featherless) commission on the board.
Before I start, great big thank you to Donna Ridgeway for the use of the her fab swallow photographs.