The Hug, new drawing off the board!


Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you.
~Jacques Prévert~



The Hug
Pencil on Paper
52x40 cm
Sheona Hamilton-Grant. All rights reserved



The Hug.

A wee bit of "soul balm".
One of life's most precious moments.
A gentle greeting wrapping two worlds in one blanket of emotion.


This latest drawing took me on a 4 month roller coaster ride.
The bar was set high: achieve better mastery of my pencils without loosing the one ingredient that ties it all together: soul.
Weeks, days, hours of nail bitting soul searching scribbling.

Signed.

I hope you enjoy!


Comments

Stacy said…
Sheona, it is perfect! Such a sweet drawing. I can feel the little tots love for the puppy. And each different texture (skin, fur, clothing) is spot on. I'd say you achieved your goal!
Roger Brown Art said…
Stunning drawing,I love the details and the story it tells.
Unknown said…
Stacy, thank you! Children are wonderful at giving us fantastic spontaneous heartfelt moments. This moment was one of them.
Roger, thank you for your comment. Brilliant to know that my drawing has reached out and said it's million words :D
Unknown said…
Beautiful! Great detail and lots of emotion
Linda Shantz said…
It's gorgeous, Sheona. You nailed it. ;-)
Unknown said…
Thank you Catherine and Linda. Much much appreciated :D
Unknown said…
What a gorgeous image and quote to go with it Sheona - absolutely love them and thank you for sharing!!! :)
Unknown said…
Karen you are very welcome. The words of talented poets are precious gems. I love them to :D

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion