Portrait of Black Labrador: first steps





I love labs especially when they are that traditional wise black.
My own lab was black and lived by my side for over 16 years.

I am amazed at the speed this portrait is coming along.
Subject knowledge and memory lane are the paths I am following.

The pencils making the marks: my good & faithful Derwents in 4B and 2B.
Their marks are going down on Hanemuhle 200gr paper.
The only one thing truly bothering me: I don't know this chap's name...and will have to wait (not cool!) three whole weeks until the owners are back in reach of modern day communication...

Oh and tomorrows a pARTy .... a first for Black on Grey on White!!!!

Comments

Great look forward to a nice doggy picture :-)

Wizz
Melody Lea Lamb said…
What a beautiful and gentle expression in his eyes! Its a pleasure to watch the process!
Laure Ferlita said…
This is going to be delightful - looking forward to the WIP!
Unknown said…
Melody and Laure, hello and thank you. It's great fun drawing a familiar breed.
Wizz: I'm sure he'd love to play with you or maybe share a few tricks of the trade:)

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion