Portrait of Black Labrador: first steps





I love labs especially when they are that traditional wise black.
My own lab was black and lived by my side for over 16 years.

I am amazed at the speed this portrait is coming along.
Subject knowledge and memory lane are the paths I am following.

The pencils making the marks: my good & faithful Derwents in 4B and 2B.
Their marks are going down on Hanemuhle 200gr paper.
The only one thing truly bothering me: I don't know this chap's name...and will have to wait (not cool!) three whole weeks until the owners are back in reach of modern day communication...

Oh and tomorrows a pARTy .... a first for Black on Grey on White!!!!

Comments

Great look forward to a nice doggy picture :-)

Wizz
Melody Lea Lamb said…
What a beautiful and gentle expression in his eyes! Its a pleasure to watch the process!
Laure Ferlita said…
This is going to be delightful - looking forward to the WIP!
Melody and Laure, hello and thank you. It's great fun drawing a familiar breed.
Wizz: I'm sure he'd love to play with you or maybe share a few tricks of the trade:)

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Grey as in grey stallion

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Wilma the French Bulldog