A welly and a puppy. Part 2, the importance of subject knowledge.

I worked it out....the reason for yesterday's trouser dissatisfaction.
Limited knowledge and experience with...beige chino trousers.
I do not own a pair and never have. (Not knowing your subject so detrimental to your work.)
My husband does fortunately have a pair. They were pulled out, studied, felt and placed in direct view of the drawing board.
Did this help?
Most definately?
I fixed and jumped over the trouser hurdle and was able to get to my "real fun" part: the expression, the eyes, the soul.
Below, two more steps showing improved beige chinos and the cutest puppy coming to life.
(Oh and for all you graphite artists I stopped fiddling and I reverted back to my beloved 2B Derwent pencil....a small technicality with a big impact)



Comments

Tracy Hall said…
Looking great, Sheona. I don't own any either, its handy you were able to get a pair to model though!
OMG! how do you cope without khakis? they are my wardrobe staple along with jeans and converse.... on another note, though, this piece is looking good!!

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion