Second step of Work-in-progress of Riesenschnauzer pencil drawing.


The school holidays are in full swing and the days are somewhat shorter and faster! 

Needless to say, I'm getting very good at spinning and multitasking....
Amidst the chaos, I am finding time and energy to make it to the drawing board and open my terrific trolley drawers.  

Here is the progress I have made on the Libby. the first of the Giant Schnauzers in my double portrait.
I have continued using both 6B and 3B pencils for detailing the coat and drawing in the other side of the face.  
She is finished as mush as possible for now.  The last layer is missing.  The finishing detail layer, this will add extra depth to the coat as well as give the collar a semi-mat tag.
I will also adjust the  contrast by pairing it up  against Jack's portrait when I have him nearly finished.  This allows me to get everything to flow properly.
I have started Jack's eye and it is looking good so I should be able to make some progress tomorrow.
Thank you for stoping  by.  
More soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just wanted to say that I love your art. It is really beautiful.
Unknown said…
Thank-you Mia :)

Popular posts from this blog

Frederic Edwin Church THE 19th Century American landscape artist.

Mathieu Kessels: le Deluge.

Rien Poortvliet, Dutch artist and illustrator well worth remembering.

Rembrandt's drawings and sketches: powerful strokes.

Grey as in grey stallion